Working with content types
In order to create content of a particular content type, you first need to register the content type on a hub and associate it with one or more repositories. A content type consists of the content type schema URL, together with a label and optionally an icon, card and one or more visualizations. Content types are what are what the users will use to create content in the production view of the Dynamic Content app.
In this section we explain how to register and update a content type, add an icon to help identify it in the content types window in production, configure a card to provide a representation of a content item in the Content Library, and set up a visualization to allow the user to preview a content item in the content editing window.
In this section
- Registering content types explains how to register a content type and set up icons, cards and visualizations.
- Icons explains how to specify which icon to use for a content type. You can choose from one of our built-in icons or create your own.
- Cards explains how to configure a card to use for a content type, using the built-in cards and developing your own custom cards.
- Visualizations how to set up a visualization for a content type and how to develop visualizations.
- Updating content types how to update the label, icon, card or visualization for a content type that you've already registered.
- Syncing a content type with a schema how to ensure that the content type uses the latest version of a modified content type schema. This page also includes guidelines for making changes to content types schemas that have already been used to create content types.
To open the content types window, choose "Content types" from the Development tab in the Dynamic Content app. A list of the content types already registered on this hub is shown.
The content type contextual menu contains two items: Open and Sync with schema