Working with content types
In this section we explain how to register and update a content type, add an icon to help identify it in the content types window in production, configure a card to provide a representation of a content item in the Content Library, and set up a visualization to allow the user to preview a content item in the content editing window.
In this section
- Registering content types explains how to register a content type and set up icons, cards and visualizations.
- Icons explains how to specify which icon to use for a content type. You can choose from one of our built-in icons or create your own.
- Cards explains how to configure a card to use for a content type, using the built-in cards and developing your own custom cards.
- Visualizations how to set up a visualization for a content type and how to develop visualizations.
- Updating content types how to update the label, icon, card or visualization for a content type that you've already registered.
- Refreshing content types how to ensure that the latest version of a modified content type is used with a hub. This page also includes guidelines for making changes to content types that have already been used to create content.
To open the content types window, choose "Content types" from the Development tab in the Dynamic Content app. A list of the content types already registered on this hub is shown.
Refresh ensures any changes made to a content type are applied to this hub. Content types are stored outside of Dynamic Content and refresh will ensure that the latest version of the content type is used in this hub.